Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cookiegate?

Outstanding... The liberal media can find so little to complain about Romney now adays that they've had to attack him for multiple things. The other day I posted on Mitt Romney Express about how Mitt Romney was attacked for the way his jeans look... Things are just getting better and better in this election as you've got a man in office who is faltering daily and yet the media springs at comments about cookies. I have lost all faith in the media and am losing my faith in being an American.

Mitt Romney was reported as having said at a picnic table, "I’m not sure about these cookies,” Romney said, looking at the women and around the table. “They don’t look like you made them. Did you make those cookies? You didn’t, did you? No. No. They came from the local 7-Eleven bakery or wherever.” - Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/does-mitt-romney-hate-cookies/2012/04/20/gIQAHYfdUT_blog.html. The problem I have with this is with all that's going on, the secret service investigations and the problems that are going on with this nation, how is this what is on the national scale?

This issue, the issue of what the other networks cover and don't cover, is one of the reasons that I don't take my news sources that seriously and just like reading a history book you have to understand there's three sides to everything. There's the two sides of both sides telling the story and then there's what actually happened, and of course we very rarely know what really happened. My girlfriends mother actually made a comment the other day when she told her I was watching Hannity, the remark was relatively harmless but it was one of astonishment that I watch programs like that. What am I supposed to watch? The media that has said Dick Cheney should drop dead, or the media that has all ready turned George Zimmerman into a guilty man without a trial? How about the media that is rooting for Obama, the senator that will turn this all around... Long story short, being a conservative libertarian I'm going to watch the news that lines up with my beliefs alot more than a news outlet that considers the Tea Party as terrorists and the Black Panther party as being the next civil rights movement.

There's too many issues in this country to have the liberal spun media outlets in the tank for the President. There's far too many issues in this country to turn the simple comment made about cookies into a national campaign against Mitt Romney. I'm growing tired of news outlets like the Washington Post, Huffington Post, CNN, and the likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment